Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Interest VS $$$

My mom only gave me until 5th Dec to think of want course am i going to take for college. Haih, this is tough. When i was 3 or 4 years younger, i had a lot in mind and I wanted so badly to be a movie director that I always had everyone's video cam everywhere..at anytime.. I was always excited about this until my mom crashed my dreams by telling me that theres no way that i can earn good $$ being a movie director in M'sia. I was obviously devastated..but yeah..my mom always made sense. I started having interest in the science field and often had a lot of fantasies about it when i came to form 4. I used to have this big dream of becoming a dentist,a vet,marine biologist... and finally biotech.On the other hand, my dad was hoping that i'll follow his footsteps of being an accountant. Its always a bad sign when he switches the channel to CNN or BLOOMBERG..he'll always repeat his standard line without fail :" Economy bad or good,every company still needs an accountant.Its very convinient and easy for accountant to migrate..blah blah..LONG STORY". I decided to give it a try by taking accounts as an extra subject. I had to struggle my way through coz Accounts is in BM..and its tough for me to search within it to understand deeper. I started scoring only when i came to form 5 due to the fact that i constantly drilled myself and the format was stuck in my head..but still my objective ppr sucked coz i basically memorized most of everything without much understanding.To me, acc is like a DEAD subj coz its standardized.Its just all about $$$, bankrupt,company,interest.. and theres no life in it..everyday, you'll only face digits. Bio is the subject that i've always find interesting. My parents dont have to force me to study it coz i'll automatically grab the bio book =) I love anything and everything that has got to do with life. To me,science may be tough but it always has its surprise in it..You're always learning things that you have no clue about. I told my parents that I wanted to do biotech but expectedly, they told me that theres no field in M'sia..and I'll not earn good $$,probably end up as a bio teacher..what the hell!
Yeah, now i have to think hard and decide my future coz i wont be taking A levels..
$$$ or Interest?? Everyone says :" Follow your heart and you wont feel like you're working bcoz you'll be enjoying ur work." Easy to say that..i cant do smtg that can bring me $$$ and no happiness..and i cant survive being happy without $$$..
ppl always tell me that theres a possibility i'll get hooked to Acc in english. oh well, TOUGH TOUGH.. gotta think hard..and search for more info on the web!

tata,
-diane-

3 comments:

Shin Ying Tan said...

honestly love, i don't think accts in english or bm or chinese or tamil would make a difference in ur interests.

However,if u r interested i will scan some english accounts stuff for you to look at.

Drilling for accts huh,like me in math. It's not the way to study yo. Definitely have to study smart. Apply it to real life or something.

And biotech is a good thing to study because the world is getting more and more messed up ecologically and what not.

You honestly don't want to be stuck at a job u hate for life. Talk it out, u'll find out more about urself that way.

Best of Luck!

diane said...

haih..yes! good idea! send me acc in eng version..at least i'll get a btr pic of it =D then i can make my decisions wiser

vivian said...

i seriously don't know what to do too. by the way this is vivian
visit my blog at http://joongieforeva.blogspot.com/
or http://joongieforeva.multiply.com/