Friday, March 12, 2010

Uni life

Ok, so I've been attending lectures, seminars,workshops & tutorials for 2 weeks now.

Uni life has been very different.
Its all about being independant and responsible for yourself. You are given the choice to choose whether to go for lectures, do readings & do h/w. Sadly,no one gives a damn about u.
I would say that the SAM program I took in Taylors did prepared us well for this but of course, I still think that I have a lot more to learn from the locals here.

The locals here are really outspoken. They can just shout their answers out confidently across the whole lecture room without worrying that they'll embarass themselves if they got it wrong.
Unlike me, I'll only attempt if I'm very sure that my answers are phrased perfectly...because like any other Asians, I duwanna look dumb. Which is very bad :( so I decided to quit this nonsence!


Besides, they are really fast when they're told to do a specific task. They only take seconds to analyse tasks that we take a minute to do. Their education system has taught them well :) To question when in doubt & to analyse whatever that is being taught. Unlike us, sit there, open ears & just absorb info without really understanding it...then run to the exam & vomit everything out..& pray for a distinction.

SO yaaa laa..gotta adjust abit to this kinda system now :)
SAM was somewhat similar to this...for the analysing & understanding part.

ooohhyaaa, if you have ppl telling you that if you did SAM, uni life will be a piece of cake for you..
FORGET IT ok? No such thing. It just gets worse :)
2nd week of Uni and I've already had 2 tests..having another 3 more test next week and will have more to come..
and ahemm, you wouldn't wanna know about assignments, readings & h/ws..
ALOT.

k la, duwanna stress ppl out here..
im already having headaches but at least I have TIM TAM, SNICKERS & ICECREAM to make me happy everyday :P


-diane-

No comments: